Se o Congresso ganhar, Manmohan Singh continuará como Primeiro Ministro. Disse o PM ontem, quando do lançamento do ‘poll manifesto’ do partido do Congresso Nacional Indiano: “The world is in trouble, but we are the number two fastest growing country in the world after China…”
- to enhance the quota of subsidised rice by 2 kg for each individual – the increase in the rice quota for each individual white card holder from four to six kg a month will place an annual burden of Rs. 4,000 crore on the exchequer.
- assured power supply for nine hours daily to the agriculture sector
- to continue the ongoing welfare and developmental programmes in a more focused manner – flagship programmes such as Indiramma housing, Arogyasri health insurance scheme, three per cent interest for loans to SHGs and fee reimbursement to the students besides the massive irrigation schemes would continue.
- the price of an LPG gas cylinder would come down by Rs. 100 per cylinder once piped gas supply to the household becomes a reality in the three or four years.
- contentious Telangana statehood issue – to honour the stand taken by the government on the floor of the Assembly.
- on SC categorisation – to pursue the issue of enacting a law in Parliament.
- Jalayagnam – http://jalayagnam.org/index1.php – to complete the incomplete projects in a time-bound manner.
- to recognise the growing aspirations of the people of Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Prakasam, Nellore and the four Rayalaseema districts for a fair share in Krishna waters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_River
Quem quiser ler as 33 páginas do Manifesto: http://www.aicc.org.in/new/home-layout-manifesto.php
PS – Sabiam que o partido do Congresso adquiriu os direitos da música Jai Ho do Slumdog (um verso da qual é o título deste post: ‘junta-te a mim sob o céu azul brilhante’, ou algo assim…), para uso na campanha?..